Re: David Miller is on the list

To: ariel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: David Miller is on the list
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 22:27:56 -0400
Cc: linux@yon.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
   From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
   Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 19:16:30 -0700 (PDT)

   >(note: I looked back over this mail after composing it and I want to
   >       warn people who are not familiar with me yet that I am very
   >       sarcastic and am full of ridicule even when discussing
   >       important topics.  Please don't take it that I lack tact
   >       or am not being serious, because that simply isn't the case.)

   Feel free to express yourself, my english (colloquial and otherwsie)
   is bad anyway, and I guess the others don't care :-)

Cool, I feel much more comfortable now ;)

   >    4) xfishtank (don't laugh)

   Bingo. Larry runs this too. You weird people. Is this a conspiracy? :-)

Nope, not a conspiracy.  Grab a copy of:

caip.rutgers.edu:/pub/davem/penguin.gif

Then run 'xfishtank -p penguin.gif' after hacking endlessly on down
and dirty kernel code for 20 hours straight with no sleep and direct
intraveinus coffee keeping you going, and tell me that isn't the damn
most funniest thing you've ever seen in your life. (note said
description is the state I am in right now, whee... oh yeah, and the
penguin picture was found in Linus's home directory on
linux.cs.helsinki.fi one late night I was hacking on there :)

   For MIPS ABI stuff: try the following web site,

           http://www.mipsabi.org/
   Especially:
           http://www.mipsabi.org/Tech/Technical.html

   Tell us what's missing there.

   As for the MIPS programmer's Assembly manual. There is an excellent one
   internally on the Web... I'll try to get you a copy soon.

Noted, I'll check some of that out.  Thanks.

   >(Any dead-head tape traders at SGI engineering?  Just wondering, may
   > want to start talking to them now ;-)

   You'll find lots of them here ;-)

Oh, yummy, heaven on earth.

Later,