ccpenguin

To: torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi
Subject: ccpenguin
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:08:02 -0500
Cc: lmlinux@neteng.engr.sgi.com, adrian@remus.rutgers.edu
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Not too bad at all.  Pretty spiffy machine I guess.  Although no match
for Linus's ev5 running Linux.  But when I get the port done on this
thing I'll have comparable numbers ;-)

Remember, no forwarding of this stuff.

                    L M B E N C H  1 . 0   S U M M A R Y
                    ------------------------------------

            Processor, Processes - times in microseconds
Host                 OS  Mhz    Null    Null  Simple /bin/sh Mmap 2-proc 8-proc
                             Syscall Process Process Process  lat  ctxsw  ctxsw
--------- ------------- ---- ------- ------- ------- ------- ---- ------ ------
ccpenguin   SunOS 5.5.1  167       5    3.4K   19.5K     37K  184     13     19

            *Local* Communication latencies in microseconds
Host                 OS  Pipe       UDP    RPC/     TCP    RPC/
                                            UDP             TCP
--------- ------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
ccpenguin   SunOS 5.5.1      54     197     273     163     330

            *Local* Communication bandwidths in megabytes/second
Host                 OS Pipe  TCP  File   Mmap  Bcopy  Bcopy  Mem   Mem
                                  reread reread (libc) (hand) read write
ccpenguin   SunOS 5.5.1   61 50.8  138.6   96.1    171     66  115   156

            Memory latencies in nanoseconds
            (WARNING - may not be correct, check graphs)
Host                 OS   Mhz  L1 $   L2 $    Main mem    TLB    Guesses
ccpenguin   SunOS 5.5.1   167     6     41         265    492