Re: [patch] linux: declance multicast filter fixes

To: Dave Airlie <airlied@csn.ul.ie>
Subject: Re: [patch] linux: declance multicast filter fixes
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:01:48 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Dave Airlie wrote:

> I've created declance_2_4.c on http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied/mips
>
> for the DS5000/200 series of DecStations..

 Thanks for the reference -- I definitely want to look how to merge the
drivers one day (well, actually the LANCE core should be common to all
drivers eventually).  There is certainly no point in keeping your code
separately.  I suppose your driver should work for the PMAD card as well.

> it only required the BE -> LE and the additional zeroing of the filter, it
> already did the mcast_table access correctly... (by luck rather than
> design :-)

 Well, the I/O ASIC wiring of LANCE is weird.