Re: Patch against ac11

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Patch against ac11
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:04:03 +0200
On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 02:44:59AM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > For those who want to stay on the bleeding edge or maybe just want one of
> > the features not yet merged into Linus' codebase I've uploaded a patch
> > against 2.4.8-ac11 to oss.sgi.com:/pub/linux/mips/kernel/ac/.
>
> The patch was generated on a corrupt XFS filesystem which did a few minutes
> after.  I'll re-create the patch once I finally fixed the fs problem
> and that looks tricky, IRIX keeps kernel core dumping ...

Turned out to be more fun than I initially though, reproducably crashing
IRIX and corrupting XFS at the price of just one  cvs update command.

The correct patch is 3829168 bytes long and has the following md5sum:

15b4d1c08d981326cf1490f35a810541  linux-2.4.8-ac11-rb1.diff.gz

The patch is meant to be applied on top of the current CVS kernel, not
on top of ac11.