Re: acer pica 61/netpower 100

To: Donovan Arellano <donovan@technodada.com>
Subject: Re: acer pica 61/netpower 100
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:29:47 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:41:28 -0800 (AKDT)
> From: Donovan Arellano <donovan@technodada.com>
> To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
> Subject: acer pica 61/netpower 100
>
> Hi - how does one add a machine specs to the machine detection. I have a
> netpower 100 that I do not belive is being recognized correctly. I belive
> it is having problems w/ the L2 cache size not being set properly. Any
> help would be great.

The support for Acer PICA is a bit rotten which is probably the reason
for why we never ran on Netpower.  The machine detection is in
arch/mips/arc/identify.c; you probably have to add an entry to the array
mach_table and maybe also entries to include/asm-mips/bootinfo.h.  There
is probably more hacking required, I haven't heared of anybody running
Linux on a PICA in all eternity.