Re: [patch] RFC: A sys__test_and_set() implementation, 2nd iteration

To: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Subject: Re: [patch] RFC: A sys__test_and_set() implementation, 2nd iteration
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:21:26 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
On 1 Jun 2001, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> We normally do not define anything to 0 - unless there's no other
> way.  And looking briefly over your code there should be other
> solutions.  Sorry, I'm limited in time currently, otherwise I would
> rewrite it myself.

 OK, I'll check how to write it better and still get good optimization
results.  Please don't bother writing it yourself -- we don't have any
kernel code yet, so there is no real need to get involved so much.

> Look at i386/lockf64.c for a cleaner example.

 Hmm, glibc rules certainly look different from Linux's ones -- I tried to
avoid interspersing real code with preprocessor conditionals.  Since you
state it's OK, I should have no problem with coding accrdingly.

> >  It's a syscall wrapper.  We want to export syscall wrappers, don't
> >  we?
>
> No, not everything - we already export _test_and_set and that should
> be enough.

 OK, then.