Re: [patch] 2.4.4: mmap() fails for certain legal requests

To: "David S. Miller" <>
Subject: Re: [patch] 2.4.4: mmap() fails for certain legal requests
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 23:32:21 +0200 (MET DST)
On Tue, 8 May 2001, David S. Miller wrote:

> There are several get_unmapped_area() implementations besides the
> standard one (search for HAVE_ARCH_UNMAPPED_AREA).  Please fix
> them up too.

 Yep, I know (ia64 and sparc*).  But being lazy enough (and being short on
time) I won't do it until I know the idea of the change is accepted.  I'm
sorry -- I sent previous versions of the patch twice since last Summer
with no response at all and doing bits no one is interested in is a waste
of time.

 Thanks for your response, though -- maybe there is someone interested,
after all.