Re: Pcmcia on Linux/Mips!!

To: Green <greeen@iii.org.tw>
Subject: Re: Pcmcia on Linux/Mips!!
From: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:24:39 -0600
Cc: LinuxEmbeddedMailList <linux-embedded@waste.org>, MipsMailList <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Sender: alhaz@fnet.fr
> Green wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am try to write a pcmcia driver on my mips box(r3000).
> There were some pcmcia code in kernel source tree.(/drivers/pcmcia)
> I selected the CONFIG_PCMCIA in .config file.
> But I didn't want to use insmod to load the pcmcia module.

        You may have to.

> When I insert to pcmcai slot, there is nothing happened.
> Does these codes work?

        You need the cardmgr daemon for anyhthing to happen.

> The /init/main.c will call init_pcmcia_ds().
> But the init_pcmcia_ds() will show error message "ds: no socket driver
> loaded!".
> Why??

        My guess is that you got that message because there is no socket driver
loaded.

        I would suggest familiarizing yourself with linux pcmcia card services
on a known platform first, and then attacking this again. Shooting in
the dark and then asking if anyone knows where the bullet went isn't
very productive.

 - Eric