Fwd: I get some problem on porting linux to MIPS SEAD board.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Fwd: I get some problem on porting linux to MIPS SEAD board.
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:04:56 +0200
----- Forwarded message from KimSeng Sew <gis88517@cis.nctu.edu.tw> -----

From: KimSeng Sew <gis88517@cis.nctu.edu.tw>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:39:30 +0100 (MET)
To: linux-mips@fnet.fr

Hello,

I'm currently porting Linux kernel to MIPS SEAD board,
Here are some problems that I've met.

My kernel can boot on SEAD board.
I've built a ramdisk for my kernel to mount as root-disk.
It can mount the ramdisk successfully, when it comes to
execve("/bin/sh", ...) it loaded elf-binary normally, but
it stop after start_thread(), there is no response anymore.

I've tried to put "sash"(a statically linked shell) and
"ash"(a dynamically linked shell) and even a simple "printf.c"
program(it just print a line of string) into /bin/sh,
but all the response are the same. I also put libc.so.6 and
ld.so.1 in /lib, these two libraries will load the dynamically
linked programs.

Such response is like that: after calling do_exec() in
src/linux/fs/exec.c it come to search_binary_handler(),
the return value is 0, it means this call is success,
but my kernel just can't jump into my compiled program.

I knew you all are familiar with porting Linux to MIPS
architecture. Therefore, i wish to ask somebody that
what is the problem with my kernel? what should i take
care? Can someone tell me about his/her experience?

Thanks a lot.

Kenneth

----- End forwarded message -----