[ padzero (fs/binfmt_elf.c)]

Subject: [ padzero (fs/binfmt_elf.c)]
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:43:24 +0100
----- Forwarded message from °­½Å±Ô <> -----

From: °­½Å±Ô <>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:55:07 +0100 (MET)
To: l linux-mips <>

Hi everyone.

I am poring Linux 2.4 to MIPS(R3000).

I have a some problem. please tell me some direction or answer.

After the /sbin/init is started,  the elf handler is loaded.
          kernel message --> "Using ELF interpreter /lib/"
After elf handler is loaded,  the elf interperter is
In the load_elf_interp funcion, padzero is not work.
         * Now fill out the bss section.  First pad the last page up
         * to the page boundary, and then perform a mmap to make sure
         * that there are zero-mapped pages up to and including the
         * last bss page.

why the padzero function is not working?

----- End forwarded message -----