[cosmos@astonlinux.com: padzero (fs/binfmt_elf.c)]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: [cosmos@astonlinux.com: padzero (fs/binfmt_elf.c)]
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:43:24 +0100
----- Forwarded message from °­½Å±Ô <cosmos@astonlinux.com> -----

From: °­½Å±Ô <cosmos@astonlinux.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:55:07 +0100 (MET)
To: l linux-mips <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: padzero (fs/binfmt_elf.c)

Hi everyone.

I am poring Linux 2.4 to MIPS(R3000).

I have a some problem. please tell me some direction or answer.

After the /sbin/init is started,  the elf handler is loaded.
          kernel message --> "Using ELF interpreter /lib/ld.so.1"
After elf handler is loaded,  the elf interperter is
loaded(load_elf_interp).
In the load_elf_interp funcion, padzero is not work.
       /*
         * Now fill out the bss section.  First pad the last page up
         * to the page boundary, and then perform a mmap to make sure
         * that there are zero-mapped pages up to and including the
         * last bss page.
         */
        padzero(elf_bss);

why the padzero function is not working?

Kang..

----- End forwarded message -----