Re: Bug Tracker online

To: Karel van Houten <K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com>
Subject: Re: Bug Tracker online
From: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:52:23 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Linux/MIPS list <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>, "Linux MIPS fnet.fr" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Karel van Houten wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Klaus wrote:
> > Actually writing the bug tracker wasn't an act of boredom
> > (if you meant it that way). I had the strong feeling that we have
> > a lot of open problems and we're loosing control which are still open.
> > Well, in fact your mail is the only comment from the mailinglists on a
> > project which has taken a week to write and makes sense to me and other
> > ppl. I hoped that if ppl don't like the idea or the way I did it, that
> > they at least would tell me to make it better.
> > Just not saying anything is pretty lame and to be honest I'm pretty
> > disappointed about that.
> > Note that I'm not hunting for a "Hey what a cool idea !" or so -
> > but I'd have expected at least any comment.
> You sound a bit disappointed. Well, I can imagine, but you should
> give people more time. I had planned to look into your bug tracker,
> but didn't found the time yet (Your mail was still in my inbox).

Yes, you're right - I was a bit rushing. And it wasn't the first time
that I got this impression ... so maybe I was a bit to fast.

> Concerning the boot output parser:

[snippelip]

> I think it is really useful to know what configurations / kernel versions
> and hardware other people have. I have published the bootlogs of
> my DECStations on my website.

ok, we just need to think about a good way to make the thing happen.
Anyone with a good idea mail me ;)

> By the way, you could update your mips-linux webpages in respect to
> DECStations from my info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~vhouten/mipsel

Done. :)

> I'm currently running kernel 2.4.0-test9, and I'm in the process
> of rebuilding RedHat 6.1 packages to get a minimal distribution ready.

Cool :)

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network