Re: Bug Tracker online

To: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Subject: Re: Bug Tracker online
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:21:59 +0200
Cc: Linux/MIPS list <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>, "Linux MIPS fnet.fr" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Sender: flo@rfc822.org
On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 07:45:22PM +0200, Klaus Naumann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a bug tracker lately which is online as of now.
> It is intended to make it easier to track the problems of
> Linux/MIPS and to give the developers a more clear input and
> overview of the situation.

If you are bored - Would you mind writing a "Boot output parser".

What i have seen lately is that sometimes we are not aware of what
drivers/machines work and which dont. So i thought of an idea where
you just run a script or something sending something like

dmesg
cat /proc/cpuinfo

to a central location which than parses the output.

The one sending these reports has to give possible additional
hints on what he did/patch/change to get it to work. So probabably
we will than be able to keep track on which kernel versions
worked on which machines.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."