Re: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...

To: "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
Subject: Re: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 02:35:23 +0200
Cc: Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, Mike Klar <mfklar@ponymail.com>
On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 12:29:33PM -0400, Bradley D. LaRonde wrote:

> I think that optimal for me would be if the tools from SGI worked for both
> hard-float and soft-float, and we didn't have any linux-vr-specific tools.

This is indeed the problem which I see with the softfp patch for libc.
Andreas Jaeger did work on the softfp stuff in glibc 2.2.  I don't know it's
exact status but if for size reasons you want to stick with glibc 2.0 a
backport might be of interest?

Have the other tools - in particular binutils and gcc actually been modified
except maybe changing defaults?