Re: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 19:54:16 +0200
Cc: "Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org>, Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: flo@rfc822.org
On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 04:25:46PM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 07:33:35AM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
>
> > > *urgs* 2.0.6 - I am currently building everything against 2.0.6 but
> > > i rather now then later stop using it - But currently i am not using 2.2
> > > because with the newest patch set by Ralf (glibc + binutils) i get
> > > a bus error while using rpcgen with the freshly build 2.2 glibc in
> > > the build process ...
> >
> > Ugh.  Well, once you all figure out if binutils is to blame or if it's
> > gcc, drop me a note and I'll make sure to spit out a binutils package that
> > includes the good patch...
>
> It's not obvious what's causing his problem.
>
> Florian: Can you run elf/ld.so from your glibc 2.2 tree without any further
> options or does it die?

No it doesnt - Works as expected ... When running like

elf/ld.so --library-path . sunrpc/rpcgen

i get a "Bus Error"

Ill send you the LD_DEBUG=all ouput seperatly - It crashes after transfer
to the program ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."