Re: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...

To: Florian Lohoff <>
Subject: Re: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...
From: "Christopher C. Chimelis" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 07:33:35 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Jun Sun <>,,
On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Its not a debian patch - I just put it up when i got it out of Ralfs
> Nose :)

I'll hang on to this for the Debian binutils package, fyi (if I don't end
up using a version that's been sync'ed with the CVS tree after it's

Speaking of which, have the latest binutils packages in woody been of any
help?  I haven't booted my SGI in awhile due to time constraints.

> *urgs* 2.0.6 - I am currently building everything against 2.0.6 but
> i rather now then later stop using it - But currently i am not using 2.2
> because with the newest patch set by Ralf (glibc + binutils) i get
> a bus error while using rpcgen with the freshly build 2.2 glibc in
> the build process ...

Ugh.  Well, once you all figure out if binutils is to blame or if it's
gcc, drop me a note and I'll make sure to spit out a binutils package that
includes the good patch...