Re: modutils bug? 'if' clause executes incorrectly

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: modutils bug? 'if' clause executes incorrectly
From: Keith Owens <kaos@melbourne.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:25:31 +1100
Cc: Cort Dougan <cort@fsmlabs.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:14:49 +0200,
Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com> wrote:
>For such occassions I would like to see some debugging functionality in
>modutils which allows dumping the relocated disk image as it would be
>loaded into the kernel into a disk image which then could be examined
>with objdump etc. for potencial problems.

By the time insmod has finished with the module, the rest is a binary
blob.  No ELF headers, no symbols, all the sections run together with a
struct module at the start.  I can dump that easily enough but I
question how much use it would be.  Outputing anything more complicated
such as ELF headers and symbols would be a significant addition to
insmod.