modutils bug? 'if' clause executes incorrectly

Subject: modutils bug? 'if' clause executes incorrectly
From: Cort Dougan <>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:43:17 -0600
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>
I'm finding that in a Linux/MIPS module the test case attached executes the
'if' clause in

if A

in the order A, C, B when A is false and correctly (A, B) when A is true.

This is with GCC version egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release) and
binutils 2.8.1 (with BFD 2.8.1).

The asm in this routine looks good and I can keep the code from failing by
removing the request_irq() and replacing it with something else that
doesn't call into the kernel.  I can't reproduce this in user-code or in
kernel code.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Perhaps a suggestion for modutils