Re: Bad console baud rate 8

To: Jarek Mrozek <jarmar@wsm.gdynia.pl>
Subject: Re: Bad console baud rate 8
From: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:41:31 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:59:49 Jarek Mrozek wrote:
> I'm new.

Many ppl are ;)

You can find the most things at http://oss.sgi.com/mips/ or at
www.linux-mips.org .

> I have one big problem.
> I can't install Linux on SGI.
> I set up bootp and tftp on anoder linux machine.
> When I try boot():vmlinux I get message: Bad console baud rate 8.
> (I have PC as console for SGI)

The first guess I have is, that you have a wrong setting for
the dbaud variable in your PROM. You need to enter the command monitor
and type "setenv dbaud 9600" . If it then doesn't work you should mail
again and tell us which kernel you are trying to boot.

        CU, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network