Is my machine supported

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Is my machine supported
From: "Chris Winter" <elwintro@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:43:58 GMT
Hi there.

I recently discovered a MIPS-based machine at work (which was hidden away in our server room). It is a NeTpower FASTseries MP machine with a single R4400 200MHz MIPS processor, 64MB RAM, 1.something Gb hard drive, CD-ROM drive, SCSI controller, ethernet card, sound card, Diamond Stealth 64 PCI graphics card.

I have no idea what BIOS this machine runs, but the sticker on the chip says: NeTpower FASTseries FW Rev:2.20 8/29/95

Currently, the machine runs Windows Nt 3.51 at a pretty impressive speed, but I would be very interested in getting a Linux kernel running on it.

Having found your site on the internet, I was wondering if you had any made any progress in getting your MIPS-based linux kernel to work on this machine?

I have backed up all of the machine's present data to our network, so it is now completely at my disposal.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Winter
elwintro@hotmail.com