Re: One more gcc patch

To: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
Subject: Re: One more gcc patch
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:08:46 +0200
Cc: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@engr.sgi.com>, Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@foobazco.org>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 06:14:07PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Did you run the testsuite?

No; I tried rebuilding a large number of RH 6.2 packages.  A few of them
are broken in ways that make me suspect the compiler is broken.  Might
also be binutils; I did upgrade both in one step.

> It doesn't seem to fix C++:
>
>                 === libstdc++ Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes            9
> # of unexpected failures        10
> # of expected failures          11
>
> The number for g++ are even worse, I stopped the check
>
> Any idea how to get C++ working?

Debugging?

I think historically nobody did ever invest time into getting the libg++
to work so we somewhen have to pay that price ...