Subject: Indy
From: Christos Ricudis <>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:50:27 +0300 (EET DST)
I have a rather peculiar beast right here. It's a SNI RW420 - seems
like an OEM'd SGI Indigo, upgraded with a R4000 instead of the R3000
Indigo has :

rapanaki 2% hinv
CPU: MIPS R4000 Processor Chip Revision: 2.2
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
1 100 MHZ IP20 Processor
Main memory size: 64 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 8 Kbytes
Data cache size: 8 Kbytes
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision C
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
  Disk drive / removable media: unit 3 on SCSI controller 0: 720K/1.44M
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Graphics board: GR2-XS
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: revision 10
What are my chances of Linux ever supporting this thing? Are there
possible upgrade paths for this machine?

thank you very much,
Christos Ricudis