infinite loop in default_be_board_handler()

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@engr.sgi.com
Subject: infinite loop in default_be_board_handler()
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:34:40 -0700
Sender: jsun@hermes.mvista.com
I found the following code in arch/mips/kernel/traps.c file, which looks
like a hack to me.  Is there any reason the infinite loop should be
there?

Jun

static void default_be_board_handler(struct pt_regs *regs)
{
        unsigned long new_epc;
        unsigned long fixup = search_dbe_table(regs->cp0_epc);

        if (fixup) {
                new_epc = fixup_exception(dpf_reg, fixup,
regs->cp0_epc);
                regs->cp0_epc = new_epc;
                return;
        }

        /*
         * Assume it would be too dangerous to continue ...
         */
/* XXX */
printk("Got Bus Error at %08x\n", (unsigned int)regs->cp0_epc);
show_regs(regs); while(1);
        force_sig(SIGBUS, current);
}