Re: BREAK and magic SysRq handling for Z8530

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: BREAK and magic SysRq handling for Z8530
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 12:08:51 +0400
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>, Craig P Prescott <prescott@phys.ufl.edu>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Maciej,

"Maciej W. Rozycki" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  It appears our current Z8530 driver lacks BREAK support.  It also has the
> unfortunate side effect magic SysRq wouldn't work either, if we had it.
> Not anymore!  The following patch adds both features to our Z8530 driver.
> It also allows the magic SysRq hack to be compiled-in (i.e. no more
> linking errors) even if no virtual terminal driver is build, which is
> suitable for certain configurations, including mine.

Have you tested the patch? The problem isn't in the patch itself, but as
I see the zs driver is broken for a long time. At least, I used to patch
heavily this driver for my Baget taht has 2 zs chips on board. Harald
has the plans to implement new version of the driver, but I guess he is
busy all the time. Or have I missed a cleanup of the driver ?

Also, changes in sunkbd.c, keyboard.c, and serial.c isn't a good idea.
:-)

Regards,
Gleb.