Re: Bus error of gdb 5.0 with MIPS patch

To: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: Bus error of gdb 5.0 with MIPS patch
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:22:36 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, jpuhlman@mvista.com
On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Jun Sun wrote:

> (gdb) n
> [tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Not a typewriter]
> Bus error
>
> -----------
>
> P.S., Does anybody know how to fix "tcsetpgrp ..." error?

 Hmm, I believe it indicates a problem with the shell.  I used to observe
it when my glibc disagreed with my kernel about struct stat64.  Try to
disable large file support for the shell until struct stat64 gets fixed.

 About the bus error -- try to compile gdb with debugging support and make
it dump core on the bus error (you might need to tweak ulimit).  Then try
to locate the crash address with gdb (`info stack' might be particularly
useful).  It's most likely gdb cannot figure an address of the next
instruction properly.

 What version of libc?