please help me to start hacking my MIPS-BOX....

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: please help me to start hacking my MIPS-BOX....
From: "김현준"<bokdol@hitel.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:52:35 +0900
Dear manager of Linux/MIPS web site.

First of all, thank you for your nice information about Linux/MIPS FAQ..
It's realy helpull for me.

My name is Hyun Jun Kim. and I am a graduate student in HUFS univ, S. KOREA.
I have a lot of interesting about linux.. especially Embedded linux..

Recently, I am doing part time job - developing set-top box with MIPS chip..
We  have a HURRICANE evaluation board - V3 semiconductors,
Of course, it has MIPS chip ( RM5231)..

But, sadly I can NOT find information for my situation in your site..

I tried gain several website - linux document project,  ELKS, uclinux, etc..
but they are NOT suitable for mine..

please help me to start point to develope porting linux..

what study do i need to know ?
what source do i have to get ?
where is the web site to help porting LINUX ?
etc...

I hopfully wait for your comments... thanks in advanced..

sincerely yours..

                                                                 Hyun Jun Kim

RTDCS Lab, HUFS Univ , South KOREA

Hyun Jun Kim