Re: Personal DECstation 5000/25

To: "Paul M. Antoine" <paul@milleng.com.au>
Subject: Re: Personal DECstation 5000/25
From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr@baby-dragons.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

        Hello Paul & Dylan ,  Sorry about being late with this but
        from the linux-vax (old) port site .  BTW, I have used this
        before to boot an old vax I have to *BSD .  Hth ,  JimL

http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~atp/linux-vax/download/mopd-linux.tar.gz

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Paul M. Antoine wrote:
> Dylan wrote:
> > Hey.. I have the above mentioned hardware, and have been trying to boot
> > it over my network using a snapshot of the Linux MIPS code.  Unfortunately,
> > tftp doesn't work with the kernel (> 1mb) because of PROM bugs.  I've been
> > looking for a MOP loader.  The page mentions one "in development," but
> > hasn't been updated in two years.  Could you point me to someone who would
> > have it? (Or the code so I can finish it)
> Although I've never done any work on it, I have a copy of the code, and a
> sample set of boot packets.  Also, I see there is a text file with the DEC
> specification for the MOP protocol...
> You can find all I have on the following URL
>       http://www.milleng.com.au/mips/mop.zip          (an 80KB file)
> Please note that I pay for bandwidth, so if someone would mind putting this
> on a site that doesn't and linking it to the appropriate web sites, I'd
> appreciate it.
> Regards,
> Paul
       | James   W.   Laferriere | System  Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer | 25416      22nd So |  Give me Linux  |
       | babydr@baby-dragons.com | DesMoines WA 98198 |   only  on  AXP |