Re: Personal DECstation 5000/25

To: Dylan Griffiths <Dylan_G@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: Personal DECstation 5000/25
From: "Paul M. Antoine" <paul@milleng.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:29:49 +1000
Dylan wrote:

> Hey.. I have the above mentioned hardware, and have been trying to boot
> it over my network using a snapshot of the Linux MIPS code.  Unfortunately,
> tftp doesn't work with the kernel (> 1mb) because of PROM bugs.  I've been
> looking for a MOP loader.  The page mentions one "in development," but
> hasn't been updated in two years.  Could you point me to someone who would
> have it? (Or the code so I can finish it)

Although I've never done any work on it, I have a copy of the code, and a
sample set of boot packets.  Also, I see there is a text file with the DEC
specification for the MOP protocol...

You can find all I have on the following URL

        http://www.milleng.com.au/mips/mop.zip          (an 80KB file)

Please note that I pay for bandwidth, so if someone would mind putting this
on a site that doesn't and linking it to the appropriate web sites, I'd
appreciate it.

Regards,
Paul
Paul M. Antoine                                 Millennium Engineering Pty Ltd
email: paul@milleng.com.au                              Phone: +61 2 9560 7331
large files: pantoine@nsw.bigpond.net.au                Fax:   +61 2 9560 8708