Distro Info Request!

To: "''" <>
Subject: Distro Info Request!
From: Anne Sharp <>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:25:19 -0700

To Whom It May Concern at Linux/MIPS:

An opportunity to promote your distribution! is in the process of building the Internet’s most comprehensive up-to-date listing of Linux distributions. We’d greatly appreciate it if you’d provide us with the following information (check back soon for the “Choose a Distribution” page!) for EACH distribution you are developing:

Name of Distribution:

Stable Version:

Developed by:

Contact email:

FTP site:

Target Users (e.g. home, office, hackers, developers):

Desktop Environments (e.g. Gnome, KDE):

Configuration tool (e.g. lizard, linuxconf, yast):

Package Manager:

Type: (e.g. Full-sized, floppy, mini, embedded, for DOS/ Windows, “Other”):

Description (100 words or less):

THANK YOU in advance for your prompt response!

Anne Sharp

Community Content Writer

Local Tel. (310) 225.5088  x4023

Toll-free Tel. (877) 39-LINUX x4023

·          Sell your product on! If you are interested in having your product(s) appear on the Web site or in our Product Guide, please see our OpenVendor Program at <>

·          Do you want to make money? If you’d like to earn commissions on each referral, sign up for our OpenAlliance Network at <>

·          Let’s exchange banners! Check out the Banner Exchange Program at <>

·          Now considering article submissions! Let us know if you're good with words, and have an interesting angle you'd like to cover.