Re: R4000sc-50 (was: O2 R5000/R10000)

Subject: Re: R4000sc-50 (was: O2 R5000/R10000)
From: "Michael 'Maki' Kato" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:50:27 -0400
>I have a Mips R4000sc-50 with RiscOS and with no floppy drive nor a video
>card. I would like to install Linux on it. Can I use a pc floppy drive and
>a ISA pc video card ?

I think that machine has EISA and hence ISA bus.  You may be able to stick a
ISA vga card in it.  It will not work with the ARC BIOS, but may work after
the machine boots into Linux.  I have not heard of anyone doing this though.

At one point that machine ran Linux, but I have a feeling no one is currently
running it, and hence some of the code has bit rot.