Re: Problems with multiple harddisks on my Indigo2

To: "J.K. Hill" <>
Subject: Re: Problems with multiple harddisks on my Indigo2
From: Paul Jakma <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:24:43 +0100 (IST)
Cc: Ian Chilton <>,, Linux Debian MIPS <>, Linux MIPS cthulhu <>, Linux MIPS <>, MIPS vger <>
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, J.K. Hill wrote:

> All,
> Try looking up the jumper'ing information for the drive... There
> is probably a delay for spinning the drive up at boot (or some
> such nonsense).

checked that.. and it's not it. the jumper isn't set. (i think).

however, this drive used to be in an Alpha, and ARCSBIOS on Alpha had
a problem with not recognising it from cold too, sometimes.

so maybe the drive just doesn't spin up fast enough.

> Regards,
> Ken

Paul Jakma
PGP5 key:
The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate
knowledge of its ugly side.
                -- James Baldwin