Re: XFree86 3.3.2

To: Dominic Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
Subject: Re: XFree86 3.3.2
From: Dan Aizenstros <dan@vcubed.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:40:43 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Hello Dominic,

The x86emu code was well done and I did not have to do very much
to get it working on PMON.  The V3 PMON is available at
http://www.vcubed.com/tools/pmon/setupex.exe and is actually an
add on to the Algorithmics PMON from your company.

The x86emu code is not compiled unless you make some changes to
some makefiles.  There are some instructions in a readme file that
describes the needed changes.

The version available on the website was tested with a Trident
TGUI 9440 PCI adapter.  A newer version that contains support
for the ATI MACH64 CT adapter is working but not yet released.

Those are the only two adapters that I have so I do not know if
the emulator will work with others.

The x86emu emulator included in the Alpha MILO has a GPL license
but newer versions have changed to an X like license.  It is
available at ftp://ftp.scitechsoft.com/devel/x86emu.  There is
also a mailing list for the emulator but I have not seen any traffic
on it for some time.

Dan Aizenstros
Software Engineer
V3 Semiconductor Corp.