Re: problem of pthread

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: problem of pthread
From: "Gleb O. Raiko" <raiko@niisi.msk.ru>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:32:07 +0400
Masami Komiya wrote:

> I am try to port some applications to our embedded system linux-mips
> version 2.2.10 is running.
> We use glibc-2.0.6-5 for applications. Glibc is downloaded from
> SGI's site and compiled by myself.
> Many applications are running with no problems. But the application
> that uses pthread cannot make a success the execution of
> pthread_create().
> Though function returns the value EAGAIN, the system resources is
> enough.
> Does somebody suggestion ?

Please, report the processor. I use latest Ralf's 2.0.6-51m w/o problems
in ptherad_create on R3k. However, the IDT chip, for example, has a bug
in logic and raises cpu unesable instead of illegal instruction. This
prevents emulation of ll/sc and, thus, handling of atomic stuff for r3k
processors. Certainly, there is a problem w/ IDT R3k chips and it should
be handled by the kernel.

Also, it's usually bad idea to recompile glibc yourself until you know
exactly all caveats.

Regards,
Gleb.

BTW, Does anybody know where I may get an errata list for IDT chips ?

Gleb.