Re: CVS-2.3.99-pre8 broken?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: CVS-2.3.99-pre8 broken?
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:33:00 +0200
Hallo,

I have to followup to myself...

[oops when issuing the bootp request on a DECstation 5000/200]
> On a 5000/240 everything runs fine, using the same kernel image, so the
> problem must be in a difference between the /200 and the /240.
>
> Does anyone have similar problems? If yes, please describe your hardware
> configuration.

Harald just told me about the different memory layout for the lance used
in the 5000/200 in comparison to the /240 and the problems with the
declance driver resulting from these, so the source of the problem is
clear.

Greetings,
Karsten
--