RE: Query

To: Raj Kumar <photon@giasbg01.vsnl.net.in>
Subject: RE: Query
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:07:09 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

On 02-Jun-00 Raj Kumar wrote:
> We are in the process of evaluating various options to design and build
> a low cost Set Top Box based on a Mips core and Linux.
>
> I would like to know if you have a Linux port to the R3912 core from
> Toshiba. It is a 32 bit MIPS core running at 70 Mips. It has 4KB Data
> and 1KB Instruction cache.

Hmmm..., lemme see:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : R39XX V1.0
system type             : R39XX Sharp Mobilon
BogoMIPS                : 72.91
byteorder               : little endian
unaligned accesses      : 0
wait instruction        : no
microsecond timers      : no
extra interrupt vector  : no
hardware watchpoint     : no
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

:)

To be honest, yes, there is a port. At the time beeing it is not merged into the
main Linux/MIPS branch but exists as a part of the linux-vr project.

> Please let me know here I can access more info on this port (if
> available).

http://linux-vr.org

Harald