Re: Linux 2.2

To: Rabeeh Khoury <rabeeh@galileo.co.il>
Subject: Re: Linux 2.2
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 01:12:20 +0200
Cc: "linux-mips@fnet.fr" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 12:04:15PM -0400, Rabeeh Khoury wrote:

> What are the commands that I should run in order to get kernel ver 2.2
> in it's latest form from the CVS server ?
> Please be specific because I have no idea how to deal with CVS servers.

Normally I'd point you to the faq on oss.sgi.com but since that one is
down, here the respective part from the faq.  It just won't help you
very much until oss is fixed which should be by Tuesday.

  5.2.  Anonymous CVS servers.

  For those who always want to stay on the bleeding edge and want to
  avoid having to download patch files or full tarballs we also have an
  anonymous CVS server.  Using CVS you can checkout the Linux/MIPS
  source tree with the following commands:

     cvs -d :pserver:cvs@oss.sgi.com:/cvs login
     (Only needed the first time you use anonymous CVS, the password is "cvs")
     cvs -d :pserver:cvs@oss.sgi.com:/cvs co <repository>

  where you insert linux, libc, gdb or faq for <repository>.

  The other important CVS archive of the Linux community is
  vger.rutgers.edu where a lot of code is being collected before being
  sent to Linus for distribution.  Although vger itself no longer offers
  anonymous access, there are mirror sites which do provide anonymous
  access.  For details how to access them see
  <http://cvs.on.openprojects.net/>.  The modules which are of interest
  are ``linux'', ``modutils'', ``pciutils'', ``netutils''.