Re: bootp problem on Indigo

To: Ulrich Teichert <ulrich.teichert@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: bootp problem on Indigo
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 15:18:33 +0200
Cc: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: jbglaw@ev-stift-gymn.guetersloh.de
On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 02:51:06PM +0200, Ulrich Teichert wrote:

Hi!

> >> Is vmlinux still world readable (chmod a+r vmlinux)?
> >[Forgot to send the answer to the list as well]
> >
> >It is world-readable. The problem is that there's no attempt to fetch
> >the kernel via tftp at all. 3 bootp requests, three replys. This indicates
> >that the Indigo doesn't like the reply or that the box thinks that it
> >is the "wrong answer"... So I think there's something wrong with my
> >bootptab setup:
> >
> >SGIIndogo:bf=3Dvmlinux:\
> >        :td=3D/tftpboot:\
> >        :hd=3D/tftpboot:\
> >        :ht=3Dethernet:\
> >        :sm=3D255.255.255.0:\
> >        :ha=3D08006906BA2E:\
> >        :ip=3D192.168.1.3
>
> Looks good to me. Perhaps this is the infamous SQE-detect DIP-switch
> off bug? I've never seen an Indigo, but do you use an AUI->10base2
> ethernet transciever?

I use AUI->10baseT. SQE-detect DIP switch doesn't tell me a lot (read:
nothing...), but I remember there are 2 dip switches at the transceiver...

But I also remember that we used exactly that transceiver with that Indigo
once before for bootp/tftp'ing...

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> -- +49-177-5601720 */