Re: bootp problem on Indigo

Subject: Re: bootp problem on Indigo
From: Ulrich Teichert <>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 14:51:06 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: (Richard van den Berg),

>> Is vmlinux still world readable (chmod a+r vmlinux)?
>[Forgot to send the answer to the list as well]
>It is world-readable. The problem is that there's no attempt to fetch
>the kernel via tftp at all. 3 bootp requests, three replys. This indicates
>that the Indigo doesn't like the reply or that the box thinks that it
>is the "wrong answer"... So I think there's something wrong with my
>bootptab setup:
>        :td=3D/tftpboot:\
>        :hd=3D/tftpboot:\
>        :ht=3Dethernet:\
>        :sm=3D255.255.255.0:\
>        :ha=3D08006906BA2E:\
>        :ip=3D192.168.1.3

Looks good to me. Perhaps this is the infamous SQE-detect DIP-switch
off bug? I've never seen an Indigo, but do you use an AUI->10base2
ethernet transciever?

Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail:
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Speed Of Life (Buzzcocks),
24539 Neumuenster, Germany|Cheap Excitement (Stratford Mercenaries)