Re: bootp problem on Indigo

To: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Subject: Re: bootp problem on Indigo
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 14:27:17 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: jbglaw@ev-stift-gymn.guetersloh.de
On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 01:48:19PM +0200, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> On Sat, 27 May 2000, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>
> > I've put together a kernel and want to test it. My problem is to boot
> > it at all... Some time ago, the box did bootp as one would expect. Of
> > course, nothing was changed;)
>
> Is vmlinux still world readable (chmod a+r vmlinux)?
[Forgot to send the answer to the list as well]

It is world-readable. The problem is that there's no attempt to fetch
the kernel via tftp at all. 3 bootp requests, three replys. This indicates
that the Indigo doesn't like the reply or that the box thinks that it
is the "wrong answer"... So I think there's something wrong with my
bootptab setup:

SGIIndogo:bf=vmlinux:\
        :td=/tftpboot:\
        :hd=/tftpboot:\
        :ht=ethernet:\
        :sm=255.255.255.0:\
        :ha=08006906BA2E:\
        :ip=192.168.1.3

MfG, JBG

--
Fehler eingestehen, Größe zeigen: Nehmt die Rechtschreibreform zurück!!!
/* Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> -- +49-177-5601720 */