Re: SIGIO Handler

To: Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@uni-konstanz.de>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: SIGIO Handler
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:37:37 +0200
On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 04:11:36PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:

> I'm still trying to get the mouse to work under X. The problem seems not
> to be related to X itself but to a kernel/glibc problem. X uses a SIGIO
> handler to "get notified" about mouse events. I wrote my own small SIGIO
> handler(see attached program) which works fine on my intel box but not
> on an indy (glibc-2.0.6-3lm/linux-2.2.13-20000211). Could please someone
> else run the attached program on mips/mipsel and check if it works or
> give me a hint where to start to look for the problem.

Sigh...  Looking at this the first thing I noticed was that the ancient
strace that probably most of us are using prints wrong signal names and
in general seems to have problems.  Maybe I even just found the source of
a good fraction of the GDB problems.  Affects both mips and mips64.
Looking at those ptrace problems first ...