Re: Indy Documentation

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: Indy Documentation
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:16:58 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: Florian Lohoff <>, Geert Uytterhoeven <>, Ulf Carlsson <>,,,
On Tue, 16 May 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > How will these legal issues be brought on the track ? I think both
> > companies (SGI + Mips) should have an interest to free up these documents
> > or at least hand out to some people who sign some kind of NDA.
> This is all about rather old machines and also involves investing some
> resources so the interest is limited.  Unfortunately this is a quite generic
> truth which is valid far beyond the borders of this case and these two
> companies.

 I wish companies released specs for products getting out of commercial
interest on a regular basis.  I believe this would assure their customers
of a good investment in hardware their purchased, as it would make it
supportable infinitely, i.e. until it physically dies.  It would make it
more valuable even if a customer decides it's not needed anymore -- it
would be salable to Linux users, for example.  Otherwise these systems
qualify as computer junk and this sort of equipment is expensive to get
rid of.