Re: native GDB on Linux/MIPS?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: native GDB on Linux/MIPS?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 11:42:58 -0700
Cc: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>, Linux MIPS <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Sender: jsun@hermes.mvista.com
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 03:23:29PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:
>
> > I started to play with gdb SRPM.  I failed to create gdbserver.  It
> > appears that no low-level code exists for mipsel-linux.  There is
> > low-linux.c but hardcoded for i386.
> >
> > If this is true, I'd like to give it a shot.
>
> Yes, we don't have gdbserver and given that more and more embedded systems
> use Linux/MIPS gdb server sounds like a good idea.
>
>   Ralf

gdbserver for MIPS is almost working.  However, I hit an unexpected
problem - I cannot configure the SGI gdb (v4.17) with i586-pc-linux-gnu
as the host.  I was able to do that with generic gdb distribution.  Is
this a bug in SGI's gdb SRPM?

The problem seems to be the mipsel-linux-gcc is used no matter what host
you are setting.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix it?  Since my gdbserver patch is
against SGI gdb SRPM, it certainly make sense to generate the gdb client
from the same package.

Jun