Re: xfree86 on an indy

To: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@calypso.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: xfree86 on an indy
From: Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@uni-konstanz.de>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 15:06:07 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: Guido Guenther <agx@gandalf.physik.uni-konstanz.de>
On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 04:57:25AM -0700, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> This is awesome!  I added MIPS support to the ELF loader in XFree86 4.0 a
> couple of weeks ago by the way.  I guess it would have been easier to use
> dlopen, but unfortunately glibc is currently too broken for that.
Cool, then I'll add support for the dynamic loader ASAP. I'm currently
using static linkage to stay out of additional trouble. The server is
completeley unaccelerated but the performance seems at least
tollerable. As soon as I've got the mouse working and the colormap
initialized correctly I'll post the patch.
Regards,
 -- Guido

--
GPG-Public Key: http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/guenther.gpg.asc