MIPS RC3230

To: "Linux-Mips" <linux-mips@fnet.fr>
Subject: MIPS RC3230
From: "Llewellyn Milne-Brownlie" <milnebrownlie@globalfreeway.com.au>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 11:07:43 +1000
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Hi
I have been given a MIPS RC3230 box and would like to run Linux on it as I
can only find Half the UNIX system that is on it. I can get it to boot and I
have change the root password in singe user mode. There are a lot of users
on the system as it was one in a set of 4 in a network. Ex government.

It has 128 Mb memory a 1Gig HDD and an expansion box that will take 3 drives
I have 2 x 2Gb, 5 x 1Gb 4 x 500Mb all SCSI drives for it and  2 x 150 tapes
1 Exabyte 8mm drive

Is There a version of LINUX that I can get from somewhere DOWNLOAD or
something?

And How Do I Install it?

It looks like there is one ISA slot with a multi-port com's card in it,
there is also what looks like a floppy disk controller on the M/board. Can
the unit take a 1.44 Floppy?

Please Help

Llew Milne-Brownlie