Re: VC exceptions

To: Bryan Manternach <smash@sgi.com>
Subject: Re: VC exceptions
From: Joan Eslinger <wombat@kilimanjaro.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 18:09:23 -0700
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu, linux-mips@fnet.fr
 * Date:    Tue, 02 May 2000 18:03:20 -0700
 * From:    Bryan Manternach <smash@sgi.com>
 *
 * I'm not certain if the challenge actually uses SysAD, since
 * it has separate address and data busses.  (big ones!) and
 * separate address and data bus ASICs.
 *
 * >From the documentation:
 *
 * The main set of buses in the Challenge and Onyx system architecture is the
 * Everest address and data buses, Ebus for short. The Ebus provides a 256-bit
data
 * bus and a 40-bit address bus that can sustain a bandwidth of 1.2 GB per
second.

Gaaahhh, you're right. It's been longer than I thought since I last
worked on a Challenge system. SysAD is the Origin bus, Ebus/Everest bus
is the Challenge bus.