Re: Unaligned address handling, and the cause of that login prob

To: Harald Koerfgen <>
Subject: Re: Unaligned address handling, and the cause of that login prob
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:53:48 +0200
Cc: Mike Klar <>,,, Ralf Baechle <>
On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 06:33:34PM +0200, Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> Good spotted. This is perfectly in line with my observation that telnet/ssh
> worked perfectly well if you built a kernel without CONFIG_CPU_HAS_LLSC.
> The attached patch seems to fix this, and another bug in
> waking_non_zero_interruptible() as well.
> Telnet is working again :)

Many thanks - It works :)

(root@193)~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : R4000SC V3.0
system type             : Digital DECstation 5000/1xx
BogoMIPS                : 49.81
byteorder               : little endian
unaligned accesses      : 0
wait instruction        : no
microsecond timers      : yes
extra interrupt vector  : no
hardware watchpoint     : yes
VCED exceptions         : 13636
VCEI exceptions         : 113050

(root@193)~# uname -a
Linux 2.3.99-pre3 #3 Tue Apr 18 10:31:47 CEST 2000 mips

But the (kernel) fix from Ralph concerning the sleep? syscalls seems
to be incorrect or buggy - When calling top the display refreshes
multiple times a second without a sleep and on the console i get

Setting flush to zero for top.
schedule_timeout: wrong timeout value fffbd0b2 from 800942b8

Florian Lohoff                  +49-subject-2-change