RE: Which linux for IDT RC32364

To: Ulf Nordquist <ulf.nordquist@intermec.com>
Subject: RE: Which linux for IDT RC32364
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:05:57 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
On 14-Apr-00 Ulf Nordquist wrote:
> This processor has enhanced MIPS-II instruction set architecture and
> RC4000 compatible MMU.

According to my documentation it has not only that but an R4000 compatible
Coprocessor 0. That means R4000 exception handling and everything. Shouldn't be
too hard to do unless it has severe hardware bugs like my RC64575 eval board.

> Which linux should we start the port from?

I would suggest to start with the CVS repository on oss.sgi.com.

> And where can we find it?

Instructions for accessing the CVS can be found at
http://oss.sgi.com/www.linux.sgi.com/mips/mips-howto.html

Harald