Re: DECstation rtc driver

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: DECstation rtc driver
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 08:43:52 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Sounds really bad - but regular kernel patching isn't an option either.

 I'll implement the workaround I mentioned earlier as soon as I get my box
configured suitably.  It should work transparently if we get the 73 vs
70/71 issue resolved.  Changes will aply to dec/time.c.

> You could use some sliding window solution in combination with a time stored
> on disk.

 It surely is an option, but we would have to handle the issue of the year
change happening when a system is powered off at Dec 31st anyway.