Re: R39xx and Processor IDs (was Re: FP emulation patch available)

To: Hiroo HAYASHI <hiroo.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp>
Subject: Re: R39xx and Processor IDs (was Re: FP emulation patch available)
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 00:35:14 -0700
Cc: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>, "Harald Koerfgen" <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>, "Linux SGI" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu
In message <200003130602.PAA07981@toshiba.co.jp> Hiroo HAYASHI writes:
: I've checked this issue in Toshiba.  As far as I could know, Toshiba
: is using PrIDs which are assigned through the agreement between MIPS
: Technology and Toshiba.  I hope that the R4650 value in the source
: code is in error, too.

The R4650 from IDT is definitely documented as having a PrID of 0x22
in at least two docuements that I have in my posession.  I have a
R4650, but no software that I can easily boot to check it out for
sure.

: BTW Toshiba is also working for Linux on MIPS.  Porting to TX3912,
: TX3922, and TX4955 is done on our reference boards.  We made a contact
: with Ralf and asked him how to contribute our code.  Our engneer is
: now cleaning up code and I hope he will release it in these months.

Cool.  What's a TX4955?  I haven't heard about that one.c

Warner