R39xx and Processor IDs (was Re: FP emulation patch available)

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: R39xx and Processor IDs (was Re: FP emulation patch available)
From: Hiroo HAYASHI <hiroo.hayashi@toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:02:21 +0900
Cc: "Harald Koerfgen" <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>, "Linux SGI" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>, <linux-mips@fnet.fr>, <linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu>
>>>>> "Kevin" == Kevin D Kissell <kevink@mips.com> writes:

Kevin> If Philips/Tosh are really aliasing the PrID of the R4650, sombody has
Kevin> done something Deeply Evil (and probably in violation of one agreement
Kevin> or another).  I'm checking with MIPS HQ on this, and hoping that in fact
Kevin> the R4650 value in the source code is in error.

I've checked this issue in Toshiba.  As far as I could know, Toshiba
is using PrIDs which are assigned through the agreement between MIPS
Technology and Toshiba.  I hope that the R4650 value in the source
code is in error, too.

BTW Toshiba is also working for Linux on MIPS.  Porting to TX3912,
TX3922, and TX4955 is done on our reference boards.  We made a contact
with Ralf and asked him how to contribute our code.  Our engneer is
now cleaning up code and I hope he will release it in these months.

Regards,
Hiroo Hayashi   System LSI Architecture Dept.
                Computer on Silicon Development Center
                TOSHIBA Corporation