Help?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Help?
From: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:50:57 -0700 (MST)
        I've kinda hit a brick wall.

        I've muddled through my shaky understanding of how the ARC
bootprom works on alpha systems and tried to apply that to my Magnum4k.
But i'm not getting anywhere.

        When it goes to boot vmlinux.exe, which is
vmlinux-magnum-2.2.1-991603 from ftp.linux.sgi.com, the screen goes blank
(well, blue) and it just, sits there.

        I'm using a 6 meg fat12 primary on a smallish scsi drive for the
boot partition.

        Obviously I don't have any idea what I'm doing. Is there anyone
who can take a few minutes and tell me how to make this work?

 - Eric